Lots of things have been happening but with no internet connection, it’s been a bit quiet on the blog front. Now we’re back up and running, here’s what’s been going on…
- The Morticia shawl is finished!
The Fleece Cottage Tussah blocked out very dramatically. It was a wide shawl so finding a child-free blocking space big enough was a bit of a challenge. With harder blocking, I could have probably got even more width out of it, but I ran out of space!
I’m really pleased with how’s it’s turned out and I’m delighted with the colour – very dark and rich.
- My next project is a wide scarf/stole which will be auctioned off at a charity event and I’ve dyed a pale silvery purple mulberry silk to use. It’s another Boo Knits pattern, Premonition.
I’ve used this pattern before in fingering weight and although it will turn out quite differently in this laceweight base, it’s familiar and I know I can turn it out in time for the auction.
I love these tiny smoky amethyst seed beads with the yarn – just enough contrast to add interest, but still pretty and subtle.
- I’m working on another update to the shop, which will include more silk laceweight and a new base – a pure mulberry silk in fingering weight. I will also be testing out a merino DK base in the next few weeks – think I’m going to need a bigger dyepot at this rate!
Christmas gift knitting – yes, that will happen…at some point…